Blood Mercury < 50 nmol/L
Blood mercury should only be measured if an acute exposure has occurred within the last three to 20 days (1). For chronic exposure Urine Mercury is preferred.
Individuals who have mild exposure during work, such as dentists, may routinely have whole blood mercury levels up to 75 nmol/L.
For occupational exposure the total inorganic mercury in blood at end of the shift at end of work week should be less than 75 nmol/L (1).
Eating seafood may interfere with the blood test results.
Safe Work Australia. Mercury.In: Hazardous chemicals requiring health monitoring [Internet]. Safe Work Australia. 2013. [cited 2016 Aug 25]. pp 121-130. Available from: