Creatine Kinase, MB Fraction
|Only available for CCU clinical trial.|
|Serum tube with gel|
Only available for CCU clinical trial.
- Cardiac Troponin T is a more sensitive and more specific marker of cardiac damage than CKMB. Troponin has largely replaced CKMB
- Total CK is always assayed first. CKMB is not generally performed where Total CK is < 200 U/L, and is not indicated where Total CK is > 10,000 U/L
- The CKMB (mass) assay is largely free from the non-specific reactions seen in the older enzyme-activity assays
- Caution should be exercised in the diagnosis of myocardial damage where the total CK is very high, eg: > 5000 U/L.
- Small amounts of CKMB may be found in skeletal muscle
- Both percent and absolute levels of CKMB may exceed the quoted values
Myocardial damage is probable when the following triad exists:
||> 200 U/L
||> 10 mg/L
Laboratory Use Only